The Hungarian National Ballet, the 138-year-old official ballet company of the Hungarian State Opera, announces an audition upon invitation to be held from 10:00 on 29 January 2023 at the Opera House for immediate openings as well as contracts starting 15 July 2023 (depending on the applicants’ work visa requirements).
- next season contracts until 14 July 2024 or 2025 depending on the starting date, for maximum one season (with a 3-month probation; yearly prolongation possibility; Hungarian immigration regulations apply);
- monthly wages in accordance with the achieved qualification level within the existing system;
- a wide, world class, regularly growing repertoire
- applications by classically trained, professional male and female ballet dancers;
- outstanding technique and qualities are a must
How to apply:
- please send your application material as described below in one e-mail to email@example.com;
- deadline for receipt of application materials: 15 January 2023 (Sunday);
- following evaluation, those invited will be notified via e-mail
- recent headshot attached to your email as a separate picture file, in good quality, for identification purposes;
- 2-3 dance photos in classical poses attached to your email as separate picture files;
- link of 1 recent video recording of classwork (no older than 6 months; ladies in pointe shoes, please) uploaded to the internet without password protection;
- link of 1 recent video recording of a classical variation (no older than 6 months; ladies in pointe shoes, please) enabling the full evaluation of your classical technique and artistic level, uploaded to the internet without password protection
Please be informed that the realisation of the audition is subject to the Hungarian and international policies concerning the COVID-19 pandemic as well as the Hungarian State Opera’s own regulations. With regard to possible changes, all participants will be notified about Hungary’s entry policy as well as any special conditions for the audition approximately a month in advance. The audition will be organised in full compliance with the respective epidemiological regulations.
- No application fees apply.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed!
- The photo and the video material should be a current representation within 6 months’ time.
- The duration of each video should not exceed 15 minutes.
- The applicant must be easily identifiable in the videos.
- Please avoid sending downloadable video files or zip files – we accept video links only.
- By submitting your application you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Hungarian State Opera’s data handling policy. Read HERE.
Please be reminded that it is not the content alone but also the form that will make a first impression about you. Precision is requested and highly appreciated, both on and off the stage.